Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16556 Discussions

Problem using qmegawiz command line for altshift_taps

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm having problems generating an altshift_taps megafunction from command line. I can't use the gui because the width/number_of_taps needs to be changed programmatically using tcl. 

I have no problem generating another megafunction such as dcfifo using 

qexec "qmegawiz -silent module=dcfifo -f:dcfifo.txt my_fifo.v" 

with the following contents in the dcfifo.txt file: 

add_width=1 LPM_WIDTH=2 WRITE_ACLR_SYNCH=OFF READ_ACLR_SYNCH=OFF UNDERFLOW_CHECKING=ON LPM_TYPE=dcfifo WRSYNC_DELAYPIPE=4 ACF_DISABLE_MLAB_RAM_USE=TRUE ADD_USEDW_MSB_BIT=ON DELAY_WRUSEDW=1 INTENDED_DEVICE_FAMILY="Cyclone IV E" LPM_HINT=UNUSED LPM_NUMWORDS=8 OVERFLOW_CHECKING=ON RAM_BLOCK_TYPE=M9K RDSYNC_DELAYPIPE=4 ADD_RAM_OUTPUT_REGISTER=ON DELAY_RDUSEDW=1 LPM_SHOWAHEAD=ON MAXIMIZE_SPEED=5 USE_EAB=ON CLOCKS_ARE_SYNCHRONIZED=FALSE LPM_WIDTHU=3 rdclk=used wrempty=used wrfull=used q=used rdempty=used rdfull=used wrreq=used wrusedw=used aclr=used data=used rdreq=used rdusedw=used wrclk=used For the altshift_taps megafunction however  

qexec "qmegawiz -silent module=altshift_taps -f:taps.txt my_taps.v" 

with the following contents in the taps.txt file: 

aclr=used clock=used shiftout=used taps=used clken=used shiftin=usedlpm_hint="RAM_BLOCK_TYPE=M9K" lpm_type="altshift_taps" number_of_taps=32 tap_distance=8 width=8 ACF_DISABLE_MLAB_RAM_USE=false POWER_UP_STATE=CLEARED  

generates a file called qmegawiz_errors_log.txt containing the following text: 

Sep 04 09AM:44:03>: The selected MegaWizard Plug-In requires an open Quartus II project 

I entered the command in the tcl script window with an open project. 

Entering the command in a tcl script between a project_open and project_close calls generates the same error. 

I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried with both Linux and Windows 64 bit Quartus II web-editions. 

EDIT: 

The command  

qmegawiz -silent INTENDED_DEVICE_FAMILY="CYCLONE IV E" -f:taps.txt my_taps.v 

generates an error: 

Error: The specified megafunction or wizard is not supported in command line mode 

although qmegawiz -h explicitly mentions that module altshift_taps is supported in command-line mode. 

Cheers, 

Nico
0 Kudos
0 Replies