Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

add .qsys is good, add .qip of the Qsys is bad

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

When I add the .qip generated by Qsys-edit in my Quartus project,  

as said in PDF manuals, 

and then develop software for that, I get mismatched timestamps 

Expected system timestamp: 1348579121 Connected system timestamp: 1348748439 

Difference is near 3min 50s. 

When I add the .qsys in my quartys project (previously removed .qip from project), 

timestamps match. 

But Quartus resynthesizes the Qsys component wich takes a few minutes. 

Adding .qip save compilation time, it would be better if timestamps match. Just for you Altera developpers. 

Kindest regards.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

i have never seen this error, and cant understand why you would either. I would suggest checking that the qsys file is removed entirely from the qsf to ensure the qsys system is not being regenerated during compilation.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

When I remove .qsys and add .qip in project settings, the .qsf file is properly regenerated : it contains no reference to .qsys. 

But I may find : my qsys system is not at the project root path, it is in a custom "src" subdirectory. Maybe the (minor) problem is this. 

OK, that was the problem. 

I saved my Qsys in my Quartus project root directory, deleted the old qsys, adapt project files settings, and everything is correct. :) 

quartus 12.0sp1 + nios ii web edition 

qsys from scratch (no sopc to qsys migration : that is to say tri-stated components are from qsys) 

0 Kudos