Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

System Console 11.1 ok but fails 12.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just inherited a System Console which works fine in 11.1 but fails in 12.0. 

In 12.0 I get the error: 

java.lang.Exception: boardInit_rootport: master service path was not identified correctly while executing "::boardInit_rootport::init 1" 

I am new to System Console. Can you shed some light on this? Where do I start?:confused:
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think you need to provide more information about exactly wat you are trying to do and from what environment. 

::boardInit_rootport is not a SystemConsole built in command so it seems likely that a script has defined this command and then executed it. If we can work out what the contents of the command are then it should be fairly easy to debug what went wrong. 

I presume you're familiar with TCL - if not then a good place to start is http://www.tcl.tk/
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your response. I traced the problem to a difference between 11.1 and 12.0 System Console to the line: 

in 12.0 had to have: 

if { [ lsearch [ get_service_paths master ] "${::boardInit_rootport::devicePath}*/phy_0/master" ] < 0 } { 

in 11.1 had to have: 

if { [ lsearch [ get_service_paths master ] "${::boardInit_rootport::devicePath}*/phy_0/master_0.master" ] < 0 } { 

I still don't know where "get_service_paths" is or where it gets its information and why it is different for 11.1 and 12.0. 

Can you help ? Thanks. 

Shvitzer
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

get_service_paths returns a list of paths where a service of the specified type (in this case master) can be found. 

The paths returned are unique but are not guaranteed to stay the same between releases (or indeed between runs of the tool). You are not supposed to decode it (though you can indeed get away with it most of the time) 

Between release 11.1 and 12.0 the information extracted from the sopcinfo file changed a little which is why the service path has changed. Updating the search expression as you specify is safe.
0 Kudos