Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

I'm newbie

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello i just bought DE0 Nano board for my final year project. Actually i'm student. Im just confused how to developed my project. I want my board to control 2 MOSFET transistor to control circuit. Help me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

A DE0-Nano board uses a Cyclone IV FPGA. The GPIO (I/O pins) are connected directly to the FPGA. (be careful - the FPGA is NOT 5V tolerant). 

You will need to design the circuit to use for your MOSFETs on your own (as this may not be the best forum for that sort of help). 

As far as VHDL/Verilog help, just write as much as you can and ask for help when you run into problems. There are plenty of great books out there to get you started. 

Best of luck!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have any experience with FPGA? 

If no, firstly you should go through some basic tutorials (LEDs, switches). You will find tutorials on the internet (i.e. Altera Website) 

Then start writing your project. What exactly do you have to write? Only control signals for MOSFETs? What about any measurements or regulation loop? From where are you going to take any input data? What will be the frequency of control signals?  

Write more details about your project.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

OK...tq guys...actually i developed my design with schematic diagram and use gate logic connection. So my problem is how to get waveform from the gate logic?? help me please:)

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I would advise against using schematic input, if possible. 

That said, you need to install ModelSim-ASE, setup NativeLink and then run the simulation. 

Search this forum for "modelsim" and "schematic" for more information. 

Ie, http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26114
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

tq guys.. i already have the solutions and get the output waveform for my projects..at last i can settle down my project...yahuuuu!!!

0 Kudos