Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16604 Discussions

Device support not install for web edition sp2

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So, what's the correct procedure for installing a service pack for the web edition of Quartus? 

I installed 12.0sp2 after 12.0. When I launch sp2, I get: 

"You successfully installed the Quartus II software, but did not install any devices. To install device support, refer to the instructions in Quartus II Help, which you can access by clicking the Help button." 

The help suggestion is rather unhelpful since there is no obvious direction to where in Help this information is. 

12.0 without service pack has the device support and works.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I face the same situation too. Are there any solutions to this?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Install 12.1?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Install 12.1? 

--- Quote End ---  

As I recall, I had to unset QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE. The installer was following this variable and installing 12.0sp2 devices in the 12.0 directory.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi All ... 

I've just installed the latest Quartus II 12.1 software. 

When I try to open an existing project I am alerted to the error message (as titled in this thread) ... "Device Support Not Installed". 

I have not been able to figure out how to either install the device support if necessary but I figure it was installed by the automatic installer or Figure out how to get Quartus II to look in the right place for the device support (this seems to be the likely cause of the problem. 

When I open up the cmd.exe shell and execute "set" it displays a lot of path and system info including: 

QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=c:\alter12.1\quartus 

SOPC_KIT_NIOS2=c;\altera\12.1\nios2eds 

and an entry in the Path 

c:\altera\12.1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem 

but there is no reference to a rootdir override that needs to be set or unset ... 

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can get the new software to run properly please? 

Also, I have tried to follow the "help" but it is largely a waste of bandwidth becuase it seems to deliver an unresponsive help page ... usually followed by a crash of Quartus II itself. 

Help please for this newbie? :^) 

Many thanks  

Luke
0 Kudos