Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

VHDL DE2 audio codec help!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am working on a project for my graduate studies program that requires coding a ton of VHDL to work with the audio codec on the DE2 board. I am very new to VHDL and could really use some assistance. I feel like I almost have the board doing what I need it to, but am not entirely sure on syntax and coding style. What I actually need to happen is as follows: 

1. I need to access the codec in order to read data from mic and store it in the memory allocated on the DE2.  

2. I then need to be able to access that recorded sound from the memory where it was stored and play it back out through audio codec to speakers. 

Right now where I am running into issues is the fact that for my processor I am using a predesigned VHDL simple processor. So everything that need to happen needs to be first sent to this simple processor device to be able to be told what to do next. This is where my instructions are given through assembly language.  

So I created a device to work directly with the codec to read from mic send to simple processor to be told what to do. Then export back to my device where I send it back out to speakers. 

This is where most of my uncertainty is, the sending back and forth from simple processor to device that works with the codec. I created this device, but its not doing anything when I download it to DE2. 

Please any advice you guys have would greatly be appreciated. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies