Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

List and ComboBox in System Console

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In the System Console documentation, I can't find any mention of how to add items to the list or comboBox widgets. Anyone know how?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The property is called "options". For example:dashboard_set_property $dash myBox options { "option 1" "option 2" "option 3" } 

More generally, you can get the list of properties for the undocumented widgets withdashboard_get_properties widget_typeand guess from the property names.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Daixiwen, that was it. 

For the benefit of anyone who comes around and checks this thread later, the other useful property on them is "selected", which is the numeric index (zero based) of the currently selected item. 

Boy this would have all been better documented if it had just just been based around Tk instead of the proprietary dashboard.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Question 1: 

Is is possible to select one of the comboBox options with dashboard_set_property? 

Example: 

dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_1 options { "Off" "On" "Mode 1" "Mode 2"} dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_2 options { "Off" "On" "Mode 1" "Mode 2"} dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_3 options { "Off" "On" "Mode 1" "Mode 2"} dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_4 options { "Off" "On" "Mode 1" "Mode 2"}  

The first comboBox I would like to select not "Off" as default but "Mode 1" for example. 

Code below is not working. 

dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_1 select 2  

Question 2: 

proc add_led_control_component { led } { dashboard_add ${::led_control::dash_path} label_led_${led} label leds_group dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} label_led_${led} text "Led ${led}" dashboard_add ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_${led} comboBox leds_group dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_${led} options { "Off" "On" "Blink fast" "Blink slow"} dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_${led} onChange {::led_control::toggle ${led}} }  

If I call the above proc with: ::led_control::add_led_control_component 1 

The comboBox is added to my dashboard. But dashboard_set_property ${::led_control::dash_path} box_led_${led} onChange {::led_control::toggle ${led}} is not working good. Probably due to lack of TCL knowledge. See the error below.  

SEVERE: java.lang.Exception: can't read "led": no such variable while executing "::led_control::toggle ${led}" java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.Exception: can't read "led": no such variable while executing "::led_control::toggle ${led}"  

The proc arg led is not working as I expected. 

How can I fix this issue?
0 Kudos