Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Downloading elf for the Control Panel to DE2 Dev board Failed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm attempting to use the Control Panel that comes with the DE2 education and development board but when i start up the executable, i get the error message...."download elf file (DE2_ControlPanel.elf) fail!". The programmer in Quartus recognized the DE2 and allowed me to downloaded the .sof to it successfully. I have no idea why this error message is happening. Any help is much appreciated. 

Rob
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm attempting to use the Control Panel that comes with the DE2 education and development board but when i start up the executable, i get the error message...."download elf file (DE2_ControlPanel.elf) fail!". The programmer in Quartus recognized the DE2 and allowed me to downloaded the .sof to it successfully. I have no idea why this error message is happening. Any help is much appreciated. 

Rob 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Rob, 

yes you are correct ver 2.01 does appear to give this fault, the old control panel version 1.5-1.7 works ok its just not a pretty. 

Its a shame they don't give the souce code for control panel as this would be an ideal way to start any projects as the interfacing is all there for what you need apart from the ethernet connection. 

jan
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

the old control panel version 1.5-1.7 works ok its just not a pretty. 

--- Quote End ---  

That would depend on what version of Quartus you're using. On my Quartus 12.1, none of the control panels work. On my friends Quartus 9.0, it does. 

Thinking about it, maybe the drivers supplied with the various versions of Quartus are different...... I shall experiment with this some time in the future unless someone does it before me.
0 Kudos