Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

How to invoke the executable quartus_cpf from within(?) quartus_sh

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to build a tcl script to run my the compilation flow with some additional operations on a current project. I run my tcl script from the Win7 Console as  

quartus_sh --script=<my_tcl_script.tcl> 

The main executable inside my_tcl_script.tcl is of course "execute_flow -compile". Works great. Now, as part of automating my build process I also need to convert some programming files. I can call "quartus_cpf -c <my_conversion_file.cof>" from a Win7 Console with no problems. BUT, I want to put the various "quartus_cpf -c <my_conversion_file.cof>" *IN* the "my_tcl_script.tcl" that is running under quartus_sh. The error message is: "invalid command name "quartus_cpf". 

Obviously I am missing some vital understanding. I may be confused with Figure 2-2 on page 2-8 in the Quartus II Handbook Version 12.1 (June 2012). Here the section entitled "Compilation with quartus_sh --flow" seems to show quartus_cpf as able to be invoked from within quartus_sh. 

So, the question is how can I "run" quartus_cpf within quartus_sh?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think... 

load_package flow 

execute_module -tool cpf 

You will probably need some args. I recommend: 

a) Running "quartus_sh --qhelp". I find this invaluable for all scripting. 

b) Running "quartus_sh -s" to open a shell, so you can try various things first to see what works, then put it into the script.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I think... 

load_package flow 

execute_module -tool cpf 

You will probably need some args. I recommend: 

a) Running "quartus_sh --qhelp". I find this invaluable for all scripting. 

b) Running "quartus_sh -s" to open a shell, so you can try various things first to see what works, then put it into the script. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yup, I need to use 'execute_module -tool cpf'. The whole command string is: 

execute_module -tool cpf -args "-c <path_to_my_cof>" 

Worked great. Also, thanks for the suggesting on running "quartus_sh -s" for experiments.  

-mowomo
0 Kudos