FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

DDR2 synthesis error with Arria II Gx

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Folks, 

I get the following error message when I try to compile my design using DDR2 controller. 

Error (17044): Illegal connection found on I/O input buffer primitive ddr2_sodimm:inst2|ddr2_sodimm_controller_phy:ddr2_sodimm_controller_phy_inst|ddr2_sodimm_phy:ddr2_sodimm_phy_inst|ddr2_sodimm_phy_alt_mem_phy:ddr2_sodimm_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|ddr2_sodimm_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io:dpio|dqs_group[0].ddr2_with_dqsn_buf_gen.dqs_inpt_ibuf. Source IO ddr2_sodimm:inst2|ddr2_sodimm_controller_phy:ddr2_sodimm_controller_phy_inst|ddr2_sodimm_phy:ddr2_sodimm_phy_inst|ddr2_sodimm_phy_alt_mem_phy:ddr2_sodimm_phy_alt_mem_phy_inst|ddr2_sodimm_phy_alt_mem_phy_dp_io:dpio|dqs_group[0].ddr2_with_dqsn_buf_gen.dqs_obuf also drives out to other destination than the buffer. 

I have checked the previous posts related to this error and accordingly changed the design in 2 ways: 

1.Adding the port vector i.e [0:0] for the corresponding single bit signals such as mem_cas_n, mem_cke, mem_cs_n,mem_dm,mem_odt,mem_ras_n,mem_we_n etc). 

2.Changing the clocks as bidirectional in that module.(inout instead of output). 

Request to please advice on the same. 

Any suggestion would be of great help. 

Thanks in advance!! 

A.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This is an old thread, but for the benefit of others, I was seeing this compile error when I was prototyping with my DDR2 signals defined, but not actually connected yet to the ALTMEMPHY IP.

0 Kudos