Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

SSRAM controller disappeared in Qsys 12.1

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I used Quartus et Sopc builder 10.0 before, and I have a Sram controller in my Nios core. 

It's in the category : Memories and Memory controllers --> SRAM --> Cypress CY7C1380C SSRAM. 

But when I update my Quartus to 12.1, in the Qsys, the Sram controller disappeared ! There is no more sram controller in the ip list. 

Even if I tried to open the old Sopc file with Qsys, it can't neither compile(generate) nor save into .Qsys if the old file contains a Sram controller. 

Can any one help me with this? I really do appreciate. 

PS: I have to use Qsys instead of SopC builder, it's a client requirement. 

THX!!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm at home now, so no access to the Qsys library but I'm sure that you could find the CY7C1380C in a generic controller of the library. You just have to add this controller in your Qsys system, double clik to customize it, and you will see options in a GUI right panel to select pre set parameters (CY7C, FLASH etc). 

If you don't find by your own, I'll post the right way tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm at home now, so no access to the Qsys library but I'm sure that you could find the CY7C1380C in a generic controller of the library. You just have to add this controller in your Qsys system, double clik to customize it, and you will see options in a GUI right panel to select pre set parameters (CY7C, FLASH etc). 

If you don't find by your own, I'll post the right way tomorrow. 

--- Quote End ---  

pantxoa, Thx for your reply, i've found the CY7C1380C controller in the lib : 

altera\12.1\quartus\sopc_builder\model\lib\com.altera.sopcmodel.components.avalon.jar 

but I don't know how to add a component of format .jar ...
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Open your model in Qsys, in the Component library left panel, browse to Qsys Interconnect => Tri-State Components => Generic Tri-State Controller. 

Double clik to add it to your system. 

Then double clik to the component in your system, and you'll find a list of presets with the CY7C1380.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Open your model in Qsys, in the Component library left panel, browse to Qsys Interconnect => Tri-State Components => Generic Tri-State Controller. 

Double clik to add it to your system. 

Then double clik to the component in your system, and you'll find a list of presets with the CY7C1380. 

--- Quote End ---  

Yes , I find it!  

again, thx my friend, you're a life saver!
0 Kudos