Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

Board Support

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Version 12.1 SP1 of Altera's OpenCL compiler has the following changes with respect to board support: - Added support for the Bittware board - Removed support for the Terasic DE-4 board To list the supported boards run the command "aclkc --list-boards" from the command line.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Why has the Terasic DE-4 board support been removed in 12.1 and later? We have that board and version 13 of the compiler, is it still possible to get support for it or we absolutely need to downgrade? It's still being listed as supported in the wiki. (Can't link to it since I don't have 5 posts, but just search the page titled "OpenCL Board Issues")
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The hardware is based on an old infrastructure that is being phased out. It might be possible for Terasic to create a new hardware package for this board but that decision comes from them and not Altera. 

Which wiki are you referring to that lists OpenCL support for it? You can probably circumvent the filter doing something like this: triple w _dot_ altera _dot_ com
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok here's me infringing the rules: 3*w_dot_alterawiki_dot_com/wiki/OpenCL_Board_Issues 

So would it work by downgrading our tools to version 12? If Terasic is of no help, we would go that route.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that wiki page. I looked up the author of that page and asked him to update/remove it. 

The last version that had board support files for the DE-4 shipped was 12.1 SP1. It's not officially supported but if you roll back to 12.1 SP1 you'll probably be able to use the DE-4 board with it.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We have installed the Altera design suite v12, however we can't seem to find the OpenCL SDK for that version. Is it supposed to be available for download?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Only the 13.0 version is available for download. I would talk to your FAE or open a service request to gain access to the alpha 12.1 SP1 tools. Altera's stance on these tools is that 13.0 is the first publically available version so it and later versions will be supported.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

So I have quartus II v12.1 and the 12.1 opencl sdk up and running, and I've compiled a vectorAdd example, but the DE4 boards that are listed create .sof files for the 530, while I have the 230. Is there a board package for the Terasic DE4 230 anywhere?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Unfortunately no, the only BSP created for that board was for the 530 density.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Does anybody has the Altera SDK for OpenCL V12.X? I have some DE2-530 and I need v12. Thanks in advance.  

Regards, 

Pedro
0 Kudos