Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

cycloneII standard file(.sof)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all..! 

I am working on altera 12.0 and i am using cycloneII EP2c20F484C7 kit.i am able to connect this borad with my laptop as well as i run my program successfully.But after compilation of my project there is no any .sof file of respective project is created..so what to do in this..??? 

P'se help me in this.....!
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Have a look at the assembler report. If the .sof file isn't generated there should be a message in the report saying why.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for reply..! but still i got this prob...in assembler report there is no any message related to .sof. 

And i have one another que how can i find MAC address & IP address of my cycloneII kit???
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I got warning in assembler summary report :  

"Warning (292011): Can't generate programming files because you are currently using the Quartus II software in Evaluation Mode".
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus II web edition can generate the .sof-file. But if you have to use the full version of the Quartus then you need to get the license.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes I think the easiest way is to install the web edition of Quartus, if you don't have a license. 

As for the IP and MAC address, it is entirely up to the embedded software to decide this. If you are using the examples (simple socket server or web server) it will try to read the serial number from the flash and make a MAC address from it. If it doesn't find it, it will ask you for it. Then for the IP address it uses DHCP.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hmmm....thnx.Sir, actually i m working on kit cycloneIII in a institute.while at my home i have a kit of cycloneII devlopment &education board. 

In cycloneIII i already run that webserver &simple socket server programs but i got same error in both the programs like : "Fatal error : coldn't allocate heap, win32 error 487, base 0xA70000, top 0xB60000, reserve size 978944, allocate size 983040, page-const 4096" 

As per the google suggestion i set environment variable but still this error standalone... :( 

currently i m working on cycloneII but i don't have a that kit's .ptf file can you send me link frm where i will dwnload that file.!with that kit's example one "system.pof" is there but its not work...!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Which version of Quartus do you have? I thought that the cygwin problem with head allocation was solved in the more recent versions. 

Which kits do you have exactly? You can find on the web the design files for most of them.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

good evening sir....! 

i m using quartus 9.1.i have cyclone III kit EP3c25324C7. 

Sir can you help me how to find serial number of any board or kit..?i want this number during run a program of webserver...!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It should be written on a label somewhere. But if this the only kit that you connect on the network, you can really give any number you want as a serial, it is just used to generate a MAC address.

0 Kudos