Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12605 Discussions

Nios II Flash Programmer Errors!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

So this isn't quite a C / C++ programming question, however I am attempting to run my web server (a slight modification of the demo web server) via the flash. I was able to get it running with the demo server and only added a few (maybe 100) lines of c code, however now I am getting the "Input file size too large for device" error when I attempt to flash it. Here are the steps I followed: 

1) Change the Reset vector of the CPU in SOPC 

2) Regenerate, recompile on quartus, and program (using quartus) the .pof file onto the board. 

3) In the Nios Software Build Tools (version 10.1) I flashed the ro_zipfs.zip file at the offset 0x200000 (without resetting so that the ip and mac address information is still present). 

4) I then changed the offset in the BSP Editor and generated the bsp. 

5) Then I built the system (including numerous cleans and rebuilds). 

6) Programmed the .elf file onto the flash using the Flash Programmer. 

When I used these steps with the demo web server it worked perfectly, however I added functionality for the web server to get a picture from the vga buffer (which works when programmed and downloaded via .sof) I get the input file size too large for device. I've tried removing parts of the stack that I don't use (like Telnet protocol and FTP), but I'm not sure what to do now. Let me know if you need any more details but I really appreciate any help or advice you can give! Thanks!
0 Kudos
0 Replies