Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16557 Discussions

Error: Can not generate netlist output

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm trying to compile a program, I got this error when I get to final stage EDA netlist writter: 

Error: Can not generate netlist output files Because the license for encrypted file "C :/ Users/Desktop/AN374_IP/AN374_IP/_restored/incremental_db/compiled_partitions/namefile.map.atm" is not available 

please help me
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HI, 

Are you using any IP Core? It looks like you are trying to use an IP Core without licence.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi shikataleonardo  

of what license you talking about?? the license quartus?? if I do not license the compilation stops since the beginning
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

License to use de IP Core. Each IP Core has an especific license file to enable the netlist generation. That is what I know. There is the option to evaluate the IP Cores from Altera, but only works with the FPGA conected to the PC.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi 

i resolve the problem but now i have this warning  

Warning: Can't generate output files. Specify command-line options to generate output files, or update EDA tool settings using GUI or Tcl script. 

can you help me pleazzz
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Go to your project settings, go to the EDA Tool Settings tab, and check that "None" is selected everywhere. You shouldn't need to generate a netlist output in most cases (and if you do, then you'll need to buy the licenses for all the licensed IPs that you are using in your project).

0 Kudos