Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

ATC to AETC device migration

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, kind of a n00b question. I need to migrate from a EPM7128ATC144 to EPM7128AETC144 keeping the same pinout of course. Our board suppliers are kind of indiscriminate about which parts they put on the boards, aren't they great. I've looked through a lot of the docs and at the tutorials for Quartus and there is no clear instructions on doing this or even if it can be done. I looked at the Migrate section but I was not able to find my 7128ATC device as something I can migrate from. I have the .edf and a whole bunch of other files from the ATC compilation. Is there an easy way to do this or am I looking at a complete new compile for the AETC device. If that's the case can I specify the pinout with the .pin or .pinout file from the ATC compilation. If there is any specific docs on doing this I could be pointed at that would be great. Thanks 

tomh
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I'm aware of that, but as stated the Migration function doesn't have the 7128ATC144 as a choice. There's nothing larger than 7096. An older version of Max+II used to program the ACT or AETC devices with the ATC file without a whimper. But a recent new computer and reinstall has killed that.

0 Kudos