Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

alt_irq_init

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

There is an annoying error message when I try to compile my project in NIOS IDE. I am using quartus 9.0 (sp2). I build a project with SOPC builder and when I try to compile the C code I see the follwoing error: 

Linking myproject.elf... 

<project folder>/myprojct_syslib/Release/myproject_syslib.a(alt_main.o)(.text+0xc): In function `alt_main': 

<quartus 9.0 installed fodler>/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/HAL/src/alt_main.c:102: undefined reference to `alt_irq_init' 

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 

make: *** [myproject.elf] Error 1 

Build completed in 17.187 seconds 

There is a forum that user has similar issue but the solution is removing ".a" file and cleaning the project! For sure solution does not work! Sometimes I restarted my computer and error will be gone! sometimes I rebuild the hardware in sopc builder and the error will be gone. 

Has anyone seen this before? 

-Amir
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I recall, there were issues with the version of Eclipse included in versions this old. Be sure to clean and re-build your main C project at minimum and, if that doesn't work...your BSP/syslib as well. 

Cheers! 

slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks Slacker for the reply! I think my problem was related to diffrenet versions of Quartus! I build my design in sopc builder and compile c code both in version 9.0. For compilation I always use of Quartus 10. After compilation is done I need to open qpf file in 9.0 before running nios IDE otherwise i get the error that I mentioned in the thread!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

now,I have the same problem with yours. 

**** Build of configuration Debug for project hello_world_0 **** 

make -s all includes  

Compiling hello_world.c... 

Linking hello_world_0.elf... 

/cygdrive/e/JIDA/9.10next_stage/IN_FIR300why/hello_world_0_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_0_syslib.a(alt_main.o)(.text+0x14): In function `alt_main': 

/cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/HAL/src/alt_main.c:102: undefined reference to `alt_irq_init' 

make: *** [hello_world_0.elf] Error 1 

Build completed in 3.078 seconds 

Did you solve this problem? How did you solve it? Can you share it with me?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My problem was related to different version of Quartus. I generated a SOPC build with Quartus version 9 and compiled the RTL with version 10. after for running the Quartus version 10, if I want to run NIOS IDE i need to open qpf file in Quartus 9 and then compile NIOS IDE 

--- Quote Start ---  

now,I have the same problem with yours. 

**** Build of configuration Debug for project hello_world_0 **** 

make -s all includes  

Compiling hello_world.c... 

Linking hello_world_0.elf... 

/cygdrive/e/JIDA/9.10next_stage/IN_FIR300why/hello_world_0_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_0_syslib.a(alt_main.o)(.text+0x14): In function `alt_main': 

/cygdrive/c/altera/90/nios2eds/components/altera_hal/HAL/src/alt_main.c:102: undefined reference to `alt_irq_init' 

make: *** [hello_world_0.elf] Error 1 

Build completed in 3.078 seconds 

Did you solve this problem? How did you solve it? Can you share it with me? 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos