Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16559 Discussions

Terasic DE5 OpenCL support

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

We obtained a Terasic DE5 board through the Altera University Program, with the intention to use it for OpenCL development. It seems, however, that there was some miscommunication as the DE5 is not one of the boards supported by the OpenCL SDK. 

Are there any plans to add OpenCL support for the Terasic DE5 in the near future? 

Thanks.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My understanding is that this will be supported on the near future. No specific dates can be given.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Terasic DE5 does not support OpenCL yet. Does anybody in Altera/Terasic know the exact time?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

It seems like Terasic had finished the work and submitted the certification files to altera, perhaps there will be results in November.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your reply.  

--- Quote Start ---  

It seems like Terasic had finished the work and submitted the certification files to altera, perhaps there will be results in November. 

--- Quote End ---  

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Terasic has completed the OpenCL update to support working with the DE5-NET board, you can send email to Terasic support for the OpenCL SDK.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for your information. Does the Terasic support fro OpenCL in Linux?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

yes, certification need that!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The DE5 Board Support Package is available. I think the only way to get it is to email support@terasic 

Should work out of the box in redhat, but if you want help with Ubuntu shoot me a message.
0 Kudos