Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12590 Discussions

Unable to add BSP after subversion switch

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello there, 

I have a Nios2-Project running for a while now, and do organize my code with subversion. There's everything checked in, even the project settings and .metadata from eclipse. Yesterday I switched to a branch for the first time with this project and now i cannot specify a Nios BSP and so i do get the following compiler error  

make all makefile:312: *** Edit Makefile and provide a value for BSP_ROOT_DIR. Stop.  

I even switched back to my original location. 

Now every time i open the Project Properties->Nios2 Application Properties every field is blank. So i can specify the BSP but if i close the properties and reopen, everything is gone. So it seems, that there is a Problem writting to the settings. 

Does anybody know, which file is used by eclipse to stroe these settings, so maybe i'll just delete it. 

My Configuration: 

Win7 64Bit 

Nios EDS 12.0.178 

I run Eclipse as administrator 

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

it's me again: 

So after i got rid of the daily madness at work, i got a few more minutes to spend on the problem: 

I fond that in the makefile the following: 

ACTIVE_BUILD_CONFIG := default BUILD_CONFIGS += default BUILD_CONFIGS += Release include $(ACTIVE_BUILD_CONFIG)_config.mk 

was reduced to: 

ACTIVE_BUILD_CONFIG := default BUILD_CONFIGS += default  

So that the default_config.mk wasn't used anymore, which is btw the file which holds all the Nios Application Properties. 

So now i do have to figure out, why this was lost. It may be, that my colleague, who created the svn branch, does have an older version, which do not use these _config.mk 

But anyway, iam glad it works now!
0 Kudos