Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12589 Discussions

NAND Flash controller for Cyclone V E family

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I would like to use a NAND flash component on my design with a Cyclone V E FPGA and having trouble to use the generic tri-state Mega function to work with it. The NAND flash component I selected is a Spansion S34MS02G1 (256Mb x16). The part I don't get is the address I/O are the same as the data I/O which I am not sure how to specific in the generic tri-state Mega function. Does anyone have experience working with NAND flash component with Cyclone V E family before? Any recommendation on Mega function for NAND flash works with NIOS II. Please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Yeung
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a micron 1Gb x16 connected to Cyclone IV E. I wrote a custom component, but a generic avalon tristate bridge should work just fine. 

Sopc,et,ntust.edu.tw openip git has a sample implementation - I never tested it myself though. Regarding timing and constraints you can 

check Constraining_SOPC_Designs.doc.
0 Kudos