Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

ping - Request Time out

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi, 

am using cyclone iv gx device, and using Triple Speed Ethernet IP (10/100/1000 ethernet MAC with 1000base-x/SGMII PCS)IP in qsys for my project. 

i.e mysetup looks like this  

Source PC ----> MAC 1 ---> FIFO ----> MAC2 ----> Dest PC 

am pinging from source pc to destination pc , but am getting packet loss of 15% loss, so i monitored the "Statistics Counters" , 

1.aFrameCheck SequenceErrors --getting 0 

2.aAlignmentErrors ------getting 0 

3. aTxPAUSEMACCtrlFrames ------getting 0 

4. aRxPAUSEMACCtrlFrames ------getting 0 

5.ifInErrors ------getting 0 

6. ifoutErrors ------getting 0 

7. aFramesTransmittedOK ------getting proper value 

8. aFramesReceivedOK ------getting proper value 

am not getting where the problem so my ping is lossed,can anyone help me in resolving this. 

Regards, 

santhosh 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello ,  

Did you get any chance to solve this issue ? I am almost facing the same problem.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hye, 

Have you solved this issue? I am facing same issue
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I face this kind of error, I'll capture the traffic with the WireShark on the source PC and the destination PC.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If I face this kind of error, I'll capture the traffic with the WireShark on the source PC and the destination PC. 

--- Quote End ---  

I am already doing this,I can see all the traffic and data is getting exchanged between both though I am not able to ping.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

so the destination PC received and replied ICMP packets? did you take a look at the contents of the ICMP packets? How frequently did you send ICMP ping reset?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am continuously sending ping requests from both the side from the PC & from the board, but out of 20-30 requests I am getting response for 2-3 requests in about 2 -3 seconds delay. For rest cases I am getting host unreachable on board side & request timed out on the pc side..!!!

0 Kudos