Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Qsys project with DDR2 Uniphy won't build anymore..

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have Qsys project that has a Nios II/f, clock input, PLL, UniPhy ddr2, System ID, Jtag Uart, EPCS controller in it. It was building fine in Qsys and then in Quartus as well but I could not program the SOF/ELF into my Boot Flash. I was working on it to resolve this problem when I did "something" that has made the Qsys project not be able to build anymore. I get the following error when Qsys tries to build: 

“Error: s0: Error during execution of "{C:/altera/13.0sp1/quartus/../nios2eds/Nios II Command Shell.bat} make all 2>> stderr.txt": child process exited abnormally” 

This is the same error described on Solution ID rd02192013_986 which says to make sure that your TEMP environment variables do not point off your local machine. I made sure that they were not and it did not fix the problem. 

I have also done the following and still cannot build it anymore...  

1. building the uniphy on Sunday afternoon before 2:00pm so something has happened since then. 

2. Qsys project itself seems ok because I can build it on other machines. 

3. I uninstalled 13.0sp1 and then reinstalled 13.0sp1 (did not help) 

4. I have been successfully building completely new projects with nothing more than the following with no problems: 

5. Clock input 

6. PLL 

7. Sys ID 

8. Onchip Ram 

9. Jtag uart 

10. EPCS controller 

11. Nios II 

12. As soon as I add the uniphy to the above project it breaks and will not build and shows the error above 

13. I completely disconnected from the network and ran off a temp license and it made no difference 

14. I copied the following folders from C:\Alera\13.0sp1\ip\altera\* to my project folder and it made no difference 

15. ddr2_high_perf 

16. emif 

17. mem 

I'm at a complete loss as to what try next... any good ideas out there from some of you Cyclone V 13.0sp1 UniPhy experts?? 

I'm thinking all I have left is the registry but I don't really know what to do in that case.. 

thanks, 

david
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just wanted to add my latest attempts at fixing this problem in case someone has an idea for me.... 

1) I uninstalled all the Quartus programs from my machine this morning. That consisted of 12.0, 12.1, and 13.0sp1 (again)...  

2) I downloaded a program to clean my computer and used it to clean the TEMP folder and the registry... 

3) I reinstalled only Quartus 13.0sp1 

did not help.. still broke when I try to build with the uniphy.. 

any help or suggestions would be appreciated.. I've been working with the local Altera FAE for the past 3 days... 

thanks, 

david
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, I saw that trouble report and thought that I had found the solution, but when I tried it, it did not help me at all... 

Ultimately I got it fixed but it was very ugly... I actually had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall everything... I never actually figured out what the problem was but it seems that it was something in the registry... I had the local FAE and the guys from Atec <sp> team working on this with me... 

cya, 

david
0 Kudos