Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Using System console for utilizing the USB debug master component in Qsys

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all I ve been working on Cyclone V soc development kit and intend to communicate through dedicated USB lines from the FPGA to the PC through the MAX II CPLD(USB Blaster II). I got recommendations to use the USB debug master in order to implement this but since i am a newbie to Tcl script and have time restrictions would like to know if there is a tcl script for testing this component with the set of commands for USB read and write. 

Thanks in advance, 

CG6991
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all I ve been working on Cyclone V soc development kit and intend to communicate through dedicated USB lines from the FPGA to the PC through the MAX II CPLD(USB Blaster II). I got recommendations to use the USB debug master in order to implement this but since i am a newbie to Tcl script and have time restrictions would like to know if there is a tcl script for testing this component with the set of commands for USB read and write. 

Thanks in advance, 

CG6991 

--- Quote End ---  

You can use Virtual JTAG to debug and test your fpga design. Virtual JTAG is one of Altera's megafunction, you can implement it like other free function by using megawizard.
0 Kudos