Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Regenerate All Cores in Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Xilinx EDA, you have the ability to "Regenerate All Cores" if you were to change the targeted device in your project. (more info here (http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx13_2/pp_p_process_regenerate_all_cores.htm)) In Quartus II, is there a similar process you have to do to optimize design if I change a project device? 

Specifically, I'm running a tcl script that loops through every single device in a specifically family (ex. Stratix V) and running "execute_flow -compile" with all of them. I'm using LPM_ADD_SUB IP core and basically a wrapper. I'm researching to see the placed utilization (how many LUTS, registers, DSPs used etc.) differences between all the devices within a single family.  

Thanks, 

Kevin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Same question here. Nobody knows, or the function doesn't exist?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

From the Project menu, try the Update IP cores (forget the name right now) dialog. I don't know if it works with changing devices since it's usually used when moving to a newer version of the software, but it can't hurt to try it.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sstrell, the menu item is "Upgrade IP Components..." and is primarily intended for upgrading when changing the Quartus version (as you mentioned). I don't see any possibility to re-generate all cores at once from this dialogue if opened in the same version of Quartus.

0 Kudos