Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16596 Discussions

Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN, File: /quartus/fitter/vpr20k/vpr_common/superblock_manager.c, Line: 410 

Internal Error 

Processors in use: 2 

Stack Trace: 

End-trace 

Quartus II 32-bit Version 13.1.0 Build 162 10/23/2013 SJ Full Version 

how to solve it?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

One thing to test, is to delete the db and incremental_db directories in the synthesis directory. This will cause a full recompile of all modules, and I have seen it fix issues like this in the past. It's probably caused by a corrupt db file. 

If that doesn't work, you'll need to open a support case, and they will require your project files to reproduce it. 

If you can isolate the code that causes this issue, build a small test case and submit it with your support case. 

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Internal Error: Sub-system: VPR20KMAIN, File: /quartus/fitter/vpr20k/vpr_common/superblock_manager.c, Line: 410 

Internal Error 

Processors in use: 2 

Stack Trace: 

End-trace 

Quartus II 32-bit Version 13.1.0 Build 162 10/23/2013 SJ Full Version 

how to solve it? 

--- Quote End ---  

You may be out of memory - I see you're running the 32-bit version, which usually tops out at about 2GB of usable RAM. What kind of device are you trying to compile? 

The device release notes from this page show the amount of recommended RAM: http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd10202009_168.html
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

One thing to test, is to delete the db and incremental_db directories in the synthesis directory. This will cause a full recompile of all modules, and I have seen it fix issues like this in the past. It's probably caused by a corrupt db file. 

If that doesn't work, you'll need to open a support case, and they will require your project files to reproduce it. 

If you can isolate the code that causes this issue, build a small test case and submit it with your support case. 

Pete 

--- Quote End ---  

dear pete, 

thank u to reply me for my problem,and i think it will cause by "out of memory". 

my system is WINDOWS XP SP2 32-bit version,I will trying to compile on another computer with WIN7 64-bit & 4GB RAM.if it works,i should update the old PC.:) 

yijia he
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

You may be out of memory - I see you're running the 32-bit version, which usually tops out at about 2GB of usable RAM. What kind of device are you trying to compile? 

The device release notes from this page show the amount of recommended RAM: http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd10202009_168.html 

--- Quote End ---  

YES!!!!!! 

I wasn't thinking with this problem.thank u.I'll try this.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, memory is getting to be more and more of an issue as the number of gates available in the device increases. Glad you have a working solution! 

Pete
0 Kudos