Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16609 Discussions

Quartus 2 flaoting licence , server installation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Everyone, 

I have bought 1 seat floating licenced Quartus 2.I don't know how to install the server machine and how to add other users to it.I think it is more different than installing quartus to fixed PC.What should I do to server machine ? Should I install the program like normal PC or is there other ways ? If you help me ,I really apreciate it. 

Thanks in advance,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus comes with FlexLM executables. The short of it is that you start the "server" by running lmgrd -c <license file>. You have to first adjust the SERVER line in the license file to put the desired port there and your server name. (1800@<servername> is a suggestion) 

You can check to see if things are working by using lmutil lmstat -a. Be sure to set your LM_LICENSE_FILE to "1800@<servername>". If that works, you've done it right. 

Oh, and there's a guide that covers all this stuff here: http://www.altera.com/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf 

Cheers, 

slacker
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for yor help Slacker.I am looking altera installation and licensing manual.I don't understand clearly adding users.I have a one seat floating license and I wanna share it within 3 PC , How can I add them as a licensed user ? via using adding new computer or adding companion ID . I think adding new computer must be different because When I getting my other fixed license On altera self licensing center, I see that button too.These questions should be seen silly questions but I really need help. 

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos