Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Enpirion EN2340QI problems

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

We apply ENPIRION EN2340QI to supply the following FPGA devices - SPARTAN6 and ARTIX7.  

With their help, we form a voltage 1.0 , 1.2, 2.5, 3.3 volts.  

Our schematic diagrams - according to datasheet Rev.E.  

DC-DC running by Power Manager with signal ENABLE. All DC-DC consistently synchronized. 

Input voltage is 12VDC. 

We encountered the following problems: 

1. When installing the Soft-Start Capacitor more then 68nF we observed voltage surges of up to 8 volts before VOUT is reaches the normal level and as result , we have damaged SPARTAN6. 

2. Output voltage on Internal Linear Regulator Output (AVINO) in some DC-DC is 1.3 Volts after PVIN is applied and before ENABLE set.  

When comes signal ENABLE, input voltage on AVIN pin is 6 volts for time 10-25ms (in different specimens DC-DC),  

after this time voltage on AVIN pin reduced to 3.3 Volts and the output DC-DC voltage appears (in some DC-DC, in some DC-DC not appears!).  

Since the power-up sequence on FPGA is broken, then we have failure of the ARTIX7 or protection from Power Manager (power off). 

Please help us solve these problems.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This forum is not operated by Altera, so you might not get any useful responses regarding the Enpiron devices. 

I recommend contacting someone at Enpiron directly, and if there is no-one to contact any more (since Altera took over), file a Service Request directly with Altera. 

Better yet, contact your FAE at the distributor that sold you the Enpiron devices, and they might be able to help. 

I would suggest obtaining an evaluation board for the Enpiron controller you are using, and measure its power-on waveforms to see if they match what you are observing in your design. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello ekim_ctcom! Did you find an answer to your question? I am considering using Enpirion EN6347QI and am hesitant because the datasheet has the data of Ocotober 2013. Not sure if it is defect free.  

joe
0 Kudos