Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

ALTASMI_PARALLEL sector erase problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I'm using ALTASMI_PARALLEL IP (QuartusII 13.0sp1) to program an EPCS16 from a CycloneIVGX (EP4CGX22CF19C8), but the sector_erase command returns an illegal_erase error. 

If I repeat the sector_erase command as soon as the first sector_erase comand ends, the second sector_erase command completes properly. 

All the sectors are unprotected, in fact the status register is 0x00. 

Acquisition clock is 50MHz, ASMI clock is 6.25MHz. 

Following the waveform (SignalTap) of the first sequence (sector_erase - read_status - sector_erase) and second sequence (sector_erase - sector_erase)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi all, 

......I'm using ALTASMI_PARALLEL IP (QuartusII 13.0sp1) to program an EPCS16 from a CycloneIVGX (EP4CGX22CF19C8), but the sector_erase command returns an illegal_erase error..... 

--- Quote End ---  

Some more info: 

it happends for very first write operation also, see attached picture 

Just an update, as you can see from Altera Knowledgement Data Base 

http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd12092013_489.html?gsa_pos=5&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=altasmi_parallel (http://www.altera.com/support/kdb/solutions/rd12092013_489.html?gsa_pos=5&wt.oss_r=1&wt.oss=altasmi_parallel

it seems the ALTASMI_PARALLEL IP it is unable to execute Write and Erase operation correctly after ReadID or ReadStatus operation. 

Altera claims the problem is solved on QuartusII 13.1. 

By the way, I try with QuartusII 64-Bit 13.1.1 Build 166 11/26/2013 SJ Full Version (Windows 7 64-Bit OS) and the problem persists.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you manage to solve this?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Did you manage to solve this? 

--- Quote End ---  

The problem is not solved, I'm using the workaround: a dummy read after ReadSID and ReadStatus operation.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

The problem is not solved, I'm using the workaround: a dummy read after ReadSID and ReadStatus operation. 

--- Quote End ---  

My problem was my bad.  

It seems it is required for the project to have the 'inputs tri stated for active configuration pins in user mode' box unchecked in device pins and options.  

Probably unrelated to your problem. However I could not figure out for the life of me why I was getting illegal erase and write assertions.
0 Kudos