Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

shell script does not work with newer version

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi! 

I worked with the QuartusII WebEdition 8.1. I used a shell-script to synthesize my code using the SOPC builder. Everything worked fine. 

Now I changed to the 12.1sp1 Webedition-version (because it has the sopc-builder) and the same script doesn´t work anymore. 

I changed of course the enviroment variables to the new pathes of the 12.1sp1 version. But it doesn´t recognize the path. 

I invoke my shellscript via a batchfile that contains: 

@ %QUARTUS_ROOTDIR%\bin\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --rcfile ../Scripts/SOPC.sh  

And then the shellscript contains: 

. $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/sopc_builder/bin/nios_bash  

With the 8.1 version it works perfectly but with the 12.1sp1 occurs the error "no such file o directory" (referring to the "nios_bash") although the file exists and is at the right directory.  

What did change between this versions, that it doesn´t work? 

Thanks for any suggestions 

(I´m using windows 7 64 bit.)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

1) Since Quartus 10.0, QSYS replace SOPC. And SOPC will be, or is already deprecated. 

Quartus supplies a SOPC to QSYS converter. See in QSYS. 

2) The environment may be OK from Windows, but may be not in Shell : Maybe the shell invokes an set of environment variables that point to your old Quartus path 

Look at also QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE envorionment variable
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the answer. 

The QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE envorionment variable didn´t exist in my system. But adding it, does not change anything. 

If I add a "-" to the commandline the error "no such file ..." does not appear anymore. However it does not compile because it does not find the libraries. 

. $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR/sopc_builder/bin/nios_bash - 

The "-" is normally for arguments, isn´t it? Don´t know well why it makes a change/what it really does.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

On my computer too nios2-shell doesn't recognize files : I have Quartus 12.0sp1 windows XP SP2. 

The path IS OK, the files are shown (dir or ls...) BUT the shell doesn't want to see the files. 

I suggest you to forget this way of synthetizing the SOPC component. 

Have a look in PDF files, sometimes they supply the command line. 

Regards.
0 Kudos