Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16602 Discussions

Quartus 13.1,Qsys Generation Error only with PLL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

i am using Quartus Version 13.1 and i cannot instantiate a PLL anymore.  

When i try in Qsys i get the following error: 

Error: while executing "__altera__safe_load C:/altera/13.1/quartus/bin/qcl_pll_tcl.dll generic_pll" ("uplevel" body line 1) invoked from within "uplevel 1 " (procedure "load" line 2) invoked from within "load generic_pll" ("windows" arm line 2) invoked from within "switch $tcl_platform(platform) { windows { load generic_pll } unix { load [file join $::qu..." ("package ifneeded ::altera::generic_pll 1.0" script) invoked from within "package require ::altera::generic_pll" Error: An instance of Altera PLL could not be created. The component had an unexpected internal error.  

In Quartus the MegaWirazd shows the blue loading module window but then just disappears. 

Is it possible that i have a corrupt pll design file in my system? Or is there something else wrong? 

Regards  

Tim
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

After reinstalling Quartus the problems still exists. 

Has anyone experienced the same!? 

Could anyone please give me a hint, thanks a lot in advance! 

Tim
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

After reinstalling Quartus the problems still exists. 

Has anyone experienced the same!? 

Could anyone please give me a hint, thanks a lot in advance! 

Tim 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Tim_S, 

did you resolve the problem? I have the same problem.  

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I see the exact same problem in quartus 14.1.1 Build 190 (win7-64). Both called from QSYS and with mega wizard. 

In addition the problem appears with cyclone v device but not with cyclone iv. It is the same on two different PC's. I have filed a service request.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you Tim, also have the labview software from National Instruments installed on the same machine?  

I have tried 4 different machines. On only one, the PLL works, and this is the only which does _not_ have LabVIEW installed. I will investigate further but would like your input as well, to enlarge the statistics foundation.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

delete both the two files c:\windows\system32\tbb.dll and c:\windows\system32\tbbmalloc.dll  

This solved the exact same problem in my case.  

I must admit that I don't know if this just introduces a problem in other applications. For now, I am willing to run this risk.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes it works! 

In addition, I deleted this two files from the folder: C:\Windows\SysWOW64  

Cheers
0 Kudos