Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Modifying DE2 TV demonstration program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am using V2.0 of the DE2_TV demonstration program provided with the cyclone II CD package as a basis for video processing for a project.  

Within the program it downsizes the input video feed from 720x480 to 640x480. (squashes image horizontally I believe) 

The resultant 640x480 signal is put to the VGA port for output. 

I would like to know if it is possible to maintain the original 720x480 resolution (no downsizing) through to the output.  

I've tried messing around with some values, setting the divisor quotient and remainder (which determine pixel skips or swaps in order to achieve resizing) to constant 0 and changing the allocated memory space from 640 to 720 (initially WR1_MAX_ADDR(640*507)) 

Does anyone know firstly if it's possible (does VGA output support this resolution...?) and what I would need to do it? 

Would it be possible to output in QVGA (800x600) and create black borders around the 720x480 image? 

Cheers 

Finn
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've gotten it half-working, I can get it to display a solid image at 720 x 540 however there are weird vertical columns which display image that appears about 120 px to the right of it...

0 Kudos