Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Pretty hard license problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

my wife has bought a board and wanted to install the downloaded Quartus II v10.1SP1 (Web Edition) on our Windows 7 

PC. However, we registered and selected the appropriate License file (sent via Email) under \Tools\License Setup. 

The Thing is that in the license file the expiration date is 09/2014 whereas Quartus always Displays 10/2011. 

Can it be that something went wrong with the installaton? 

Cheers, Tom
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Tom.  

The Web Edition is a free licence. I'm on a "Paid License" so this may be different, but mine shows the "Version" of the license as 2014.09 and the Expiration as permanent  

If quartus comes up and runs, you should be good to go. 

If it's failing, let us know.  

Pete
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Pete, 

--- Quote Start ---  

If it's failing, let us know.  

Pete 

--- Quote End ---  

Well, as I said, it is failing. Furthermore the error still occurs when I remove the 

program and reinstall it again. It even failed with version 11.1.  

One of the FAEs even looked at it and said that this is not normal at all. Therefore 

I guess that something went wrong in the Registry. Can someone of the Altera 

stuff please help me with it ? Thank you. 

Cheers, Tom
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You can contact Altera by going to altera.com and filing a Service Request. 

If you want more help from this user forum, maybe post a screenshot of the License Setup screen, and the error message that happens which you describe as "the error still occurs". 

As previously mentioned, you don't need any license file at all in order to use Web Edition. What did you obtain licenses for (IP for the board you bought?) ?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi ted, 

--- Quote Start ---  

You can contact Altera by going to altera.com and filing a Service Request. 

--- Quote End ---  

I wanted to do that but the website said that I need to be a business customer to do that and 

that my email needs to be verified as company email address. Therefore the forum is my only  

means to address these issues. 

--- Quote Start ---  

If you want more help from this user forum, maybe post a screenshot of the License Setup screen, and the error message that happens which you describe as "the error still occurs". 

--- Quote End ---  

The main problem was that the Programmer was not working (USB-Blaster not  

offered as device) unless I had a valid 

license in the Quartus program. However, I just tried to reproduce the error and 

the Programmer worked well. I really don't know what happened inbetween. I 

swear that I have spent several hours recently to get it running. I will closely  

have a look at it and come back to this forum if it should fail again. The only  

unusual thing about the test today was an error message although it works in 

fact. 

Regards, 

Tom
0 Kudos