Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Unable to install quartus II software under windows 7 os platform....

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Unable to install quartus II software under windows 7 os platform.... 

Cannot find megacore directory and some library files missing. 

Can someone help up. many thanks. 

:(
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorry miss out information quartus II version 6.0

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Quartus 6 is 8 years old, so will only officially support XP. But it should work ok on win7 

Have you tried completly removing it and re-installing? why not try a more modern version?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I haven't tried it, but try installing it under Windows XP compatibility mode. I know older versions of some software have to be installed this way, due to directory structure/registery structure changes between Windows 7 and XP

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think you will have to install winxp on virtual machine like vmware and it should be ok. But same question for me, why using a so old version?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I think you will have to install winxp on virtual machine like vmware and it should be ok. But same question for me, why using a so old version? 

--- Quote End ---  

At least with the professional Version of Win7 there is a XP mode included for running XP likewise as in a VM - but maybe there is an issue with the Access to the USB Blaster (assuming you want to programm devices and the QII 6.0 already supported the USB Blaster). My experience with XP Mode were some troubles with devices besides the Standard Printer, stick, ext. drive, .. mainstream.
0 Kudos