Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

Conversion IEEE 754 to BCD

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everybody, 

I'm doing an academic work in which I have to use IEEE 754 to make some operations. I'm using the megafunction to floating point and it's working properly. 

Now I need to show the results in 7 seg displays of a kit and I don't know how to do the conversion between IEEE 754 and some format that I can show in the displays. Have you any idea to help me with that? 

I've already tried to use TO_INTEGER function and the conversion blocks of the megafunction, but none of them work. 

Thank you!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

post the code - show us the problem you are having, it will help us to help you.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't have a code. I only have a block diagram with blocks generated by the floating point megafunction. I need to convert fractionary binary numbers to show its fractionary part in integer ones. 

Example: 

0 10000000 01011010111000010100100 = 2.71 

Then the '2' is easily obtained using the conversion block from megafunction. But the fractional '71' is not coming out correctly. 

Because I need to show the decimal number '2.71' on the 7 seg displays. 

Thank you!
0 Kudos