Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

Select library per file in QSys Component

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

I am using a commercial IP which is encrypted. The IP is spread into different libraries (in VHDL example code explicit libraries are accessed) and I am creating a _hw.tcl file in order to plug it into QSys. The problem is that I haven't been able to find a method to enforce a library name on a per-file basis. 

Example: I have two files (encrypted) in different files. 

add_fileset_file buffer.vhd VHDL PATH ip/lib1/buffer.vhd  

add_fileset_file stream.vhd VHDL PATH ip/lib2/stream.vhd 

The files depend on each other but they need to lie in different specific libraries. Synthesis fails when I do not explicitely select that. How do I tell Qsys the library per file? 

Unfortunately, I could not find any such an option in the QuartusII handbook neither in the TCL reference nor in the GUI. 

BTW, I am using QuartusII 15.0. 

Thanks a lot 

korom
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Answer is here: http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33605 

Qsys does not support libraries but there is a workaround for Quartus. 

Thanks 

korom
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Korom, 

Can you please file a Service Request with Altera and ask them this question. I'll tell you my solution, but it would be useful to know Altera's official recommendation. 

Rather than use add_fileset_file and pass it file names I use a generate statement. That generate statement creates the top-level component wrapper and a .qip file. The .qip file can use VHDL include statements with library files. I've attached an example script. It doesn't include the code, since I just quickly zipped those files. If you want a fully functional Avalon-MM slave component, let me know, and I'll spend a little more time creating an example. 

Cheers, 

Dave
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Korom, 

You may visit the following link to file a service request. Note that you would need to use company email during account sign up. 

https://www.altera.com/mal-all/mal-signin.html?resource=%2Fcontent%2Faltera-www%2Fglobal%2Fen_us%2Findex%2Fmyaltera%2Fmal-home.html&$$login$$=%24%24login%24%24
0 Kudos