Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

problems compiling hello world on bittware and Gidel

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

I am having issues compiling altera examples as well when using SDK 14.0.  

I am testing using 3 different board vendors 

Bittware - s5phq_d5 

Nallatech - pcie395_d8 

Gidel - ProceV_d8 

I have successfully ran hello world on the Bittware and Nallatech boards using the .aocx files that are supplied with their BSPs. I haven't on my Gidel board because they do not provide an executable with their BSP.  

My next step was to compile my own hello_world for each vendor. I had no problem with the nallatech board.  

After setting up my environment for Bittware, I receive an internal compiler error. 

The quartus_sh_compile.log indicates that my first error is: "Current license file does not support parital reconfiguration. The Quartus II software automatically disabled partitial reconfiguration support on all partitions" 

I have installed the latest version of Bittwares BSP. I get the same error when compiling on the Gidel board.  

I am running Centos 6.5 

Has anybody else come across this?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Board packages based on the 14.0 reference platforms require a new license that supports partial reconfiguration. 

You can contact your Altera sales person to get a new OpenCL license that supports this feature.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks alex. 

I got my new license today and successfully compiled. Did I miss something in the documentation that mentions this requirement? 

Rudy
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I made a mistake. Turns out this did not compile correctly and I am still receiving an error saying that my license does not support partial reconfiguration. Even though clearly in my new license file, partial reconfiguration exists. I even regenerated the license file, similiar to what another thread suggested, still nothing.  

Could my license file be bad?
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have tried re-installing Quartus 14.0 as well as applying the most recent patch (build 205). Still getting the same results.I

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I finally solved this issues. Turned out that within the Quartus gui in the license setup, the path for the license file was set to the old license. Simply updated that and everything seems to work fine.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Good afternoon, colleague. 

I have the same board. But there is no pins information. Can you help me with this information? 

Or any screenshot of your project with the maximum number of pins and their name 

I would be very grateful.
0 Kudos