Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Slow frame rate with D5M and DE1-SoC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I'm working with the D5M camera on the DE1-SoC board and am having some trouble with the frame rate. It is slow at the moment and I am trying to make it faster. I looked at the THDB-D5M Hardware Specification PDF (https://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse467/08au/labs/resources/thdb-d5m_hardware%20specification.pdf) and on page 30-32 it mentions speeding up the frame rate by using XCLKIN and PXLCLK. I am rather new at this and am not sure how to implement such a thing. The code base I am using is the DE1_SOC_CAMERA (very similar to DE1_D5M project on the altera site, just for the SoC board). Anyone know how to up the frame rate? 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Could you please send a screenshot of your qsys-system and go a little deeper what is the exact problem? Which framerate do you have? Which frame rate do you expect?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I currently am getting ~15 fps and am hoping to get closer to 30 fps. It is just set to the default at the moment, which I believe has XCLKIN set to 12MHz and PXLCLK also set to 12MHz. Not sure what you mean by a screenshot of the qsys-system. I am rather new to all this.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Okay, 

please say a little bit more about the whole system you generated, maybe a picture of the system-setup... 

Qsys is the system-generation-tool of Quartus, where you can connect the IPs to form the system. Didn't you use it? How did you create your system?
0 Kudos