Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Erros after completing migration from SOPC to Qsys

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hey guys, I'm extremely new to this software. I was asked to investigate how to migrate from SOPC to Qsys, i have had no previous experience regarding this; however; I have succesfuly managed to migrate a design from SOPC to Qsys. Now that the migration process is complete I have some errors and eventhough I've been searching for solutions in the Altera Guidelines I haven't found something that may help me. These are the errors: 

Description: Path 

Device family is unknown. System.pll 

Device family is unknown System.onchip_mem 

Multiplier selected is not compatible with selected device and design type System.cpu 

can't read "allowed_multiplier": System.cpu 

Honestly, I have no clue of what any of these mean, I was asked to the migration process but I have no experience whatsoever, I hope you guys can help me figure this out! I'm using Quartus 13.1 Edition, Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Is a device specified in the Quartus SW that you launched Qsys from? Selecting the Hierarcy tab in the Project navigator you should see a device number on the first row. For instance: 

Cyclone V: 5CSXFC6D6F31C8ES. 

If it says (AUTO), or something in that way, then Quartus wasn't able to load the design with the correct device. A reason to that could be that the correct device family is not installed with Quartus.  

Regards 

J
0 Kudos