Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

usb connection problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

PC not detecting altera c3 fpga board when connected to usb port. before some time it was working fine..i also performed led blinking..but suddenly when i switch on today the kit., the leds start blinking very fast at a time and the load led is also illuminating..but hardware is not detected in pc..whats the problem and whats d soln..ii cheked using other cables and other pcs also..not working

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

What i always do; 

1.check "jtagconfig" in command prompt.see if both cable and boards are not being detected.or its only the board. 

2.if both are not,most probably caused by the driver. Try to reinstall ur driver.or if u have other usb cable plugged in to ur port,remove them all.leave only this usb connecting to the board. 

3.if it is only the board,try connecting with other board.if others work..then the board is the problem.see if you can set all the setting back to factory default(if it is a dev kit)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have other C3 board to try out? Just to isolate if it is something wrong specific to that particular board.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did someone used your board while you are gone?  

Well I would normally try to check all button and switches to make sure there are either in the default settings or atleast my settings. Also try restarting my PC, for some reason the programmer will sometimes not be able to detect my usb jtag if I do not restart my PC.  

If you can detect ur USB and not your device... then try with other board if you have any.
0 Kudos