Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)

OpenCL emulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

would like to know which versions of the SDK changes support emulation and prototyping, I'm using v13 and I think imcopatibilidade is generating no emulation of my code.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If aoc accepts the -march=emulator flag it supports emulation 

If it does accept that, but doesn't use the emulated kernel when you run your host after defining CL_CONTEXT_EMULATOR_DEVICE_ALTERA=<board name> there is most likely an environment issue. 

If you still have problem after setting things up as described in the user documentation for the version you are using (OpenCL AND Board package needs to be installed), then please describe the problem here and we see if we can figure it out
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If I remember correctly, only 14.0 version of AOCL support emulation.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Emulation became available in 14.1, according to the release notes.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

To my knowledge, emulation wasn't supported in 13. I have been using the emulation and debugging features successfully starting with the release of 14.0. Debugging only being supported running Linux. View the programming guide for 14.0 for more details. I haven't looked at or tested emulation for 14.1.  

I have been working on the prototyping feature for about a month now. It is a beta release with 14.0 and 14.1 so there isn't any official documentation. I have had some success with prototyping when using 14.1 through experimentation. I have been able to successfully create a template but have not been able to run on my board; most likely to not have an updated BSP for 14.1 yet. Hopefully that comes out soon.  

If I figure some more stuff out, I will post on the following thread: 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46435
0 Kudos