Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16606 Discussions

how to use the pll in a cyclone 4 device

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have managed to implement a pll in a cyclone 1 device with the megafunction wizard. 

Now I want to do the same with my cyclone 4 board. But my Quartus 2 13.1 web edition disables all pll entries. Is this on purpose because I use the free web edition ? How can I implement the 4 plls in my cyclone 4 device ?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I have managed to implement a pll in a cyclone 1 device with the megafunction wizard. 

Now I want to do the same with my cyclone 4 board. But my Quartus 2 13.1 web edition disables all pll entries. Is this on purpose because I use the free web edition ? How can I implement the 4 plls in my cyclone 4 device ? 

--- Quote End ---  

I found http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41475&highlight=altpll

The altpll megafunction moved to the IO-section. Works fine. Problem solved. :)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Type "pll" in the search box of the MegaWizard dialog box and you'll find ALTPLL. It's in the "IO" group of IP instead of "PLL" group, for whatever reason.

0 Kudos