Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16611 Discussions

problems downloading individual files without download manager

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I need to download individual files for Linux 32 bit OS. Thus, I have to have version 13.1 or earlier. I need SoC EDS too. I am in the military so I am not allowed to install software that is not approved by the DoD so I cannot use the download manager. Also, I am stuck with Internet Explorer 10. With this, most of the file downloads don't work, for example, update 4. When I click the link, IE10 shows the file in ascii form in the browser window. I am not given the choice to save the file. Eventually, IE10 uses all available memory and locks up my computer. I have tried this several times over the last year and the situation has not improved. I have dealt with this in the past by downloading the software at home and bringing it into work. I lose a day every time I have to do that so it is not ideal.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi - sounds like there is something configured in the IE10 at Office as normally the IE10 aks whether the file should be saved or opened. Maybe either the IE10 is configured to open files automatically (a strange configuration regarding safety issues) or there is something in your's Office Firewall blocking the download...  

But - to be honest I have no idea where this Option is changeable in the IE10 Options itself - anything I found on quick search with Google on IE10 opens files automatically Points to modifications in the registry :-O
0 Kudos