Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16603 Discussions

Node Finder can find any nodes

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a problem with the Node Finder. I'm using Altera 13.1 SP1 Full Edition.  

My Design is loaded an I can compile it etc. The design can be seen in RTL, Technology Viewer etc.  

Actually I want to add a signal tap and add some nodes to it with the Node Finder. Now my problem. 

The Node Finder can't find any nodes. I already played around with all the settings but he find NOTHING. Does anybody of you has an idea why this can be. Once I perform a search it takes up to 20sec to search for nodes and the following response I get. I can't find any signal Pre-Synthesis or Post or even In/output pins. 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9934&stc=1  

I'll also post here once I find the problem or a solution. 

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just found out the problem. It was related to the toplevel entity name. In VHDL is was calmar_top and in the quartus setting file Calmar_top. Apparently this setting worked in other version of quartus for the Node Finder but in the Version 13.1 there is a problem with that. Therefore Nodefinder couldn't find any nodes. 

Cheers
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I just found out the problem. It was related to the toplevel entity name. In VHDL is was calmar_top and in the quartus setting file Calmar_top. Apparently this setting worked in other version of quartus for the Node Finder but in the Version 13.1 there is a problem with that. Therefore Nodefinder couldn't find any nodes. 

Cheers 

--- Quote End ---  

Thank you so much!!!! You've just solved my problem!)
0 Kudos