Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

New Altera Website - fix old links!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

First a quick remark about the new Altera website... Thank you very much for breaking what seems like every link to the website in google, this forum, qsys datasheet links, and all my bookmarks. 

Is this going to get fixed? 

Can you make sure there are redirects to allow links that point to the old website to be forwarded to the corresponding page on the new site. If not then the idea of moving to a new website is probably one of the worst decisions you could have made.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes, It looks more modern, but seems sluggish in use with my slow internet and it breaks lots of links. Not an improvement IMHO.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I hope they get it fixed soon! I need the software!!!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I experienced difficulties locating and accessing some pages with the new website ie documentation download page previously. I believe now most of the broken links have been fixed. I can now access the documentation page but seems like I need to re-bookmark the new links.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

im not familiar with the new site too... Googled it up and the old docs are stacked in: http://wl.altera.com/literature/lit-index.html 

which is a collection of all the docs. So you just need to bookmark this instead of everything it has divided in the new site.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think they did correct a lot of the links - certainly added redirects for many of them, but there are still some missing. Also now that Google has had a chance to crawl all the changes things have gotten easier to find again.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think it is best to report any missing link to the Altera, this will help them to find the reason on the missing link

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I reported to them for few links that i no longer can access..and they helped to fix it:) Agree that feedback to them will be the best. Take note that there are some really old irrelevant collaterall might be removed permanently.

0 Kudos