Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Error in Asynchronous UART during Simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am using ISE 14.3 and I have programmed the UART with the help of P.Chu's FPGA Prototyping in VHDL.I am a beginner on UART design using VHDL and I am doing this as a part of my project. 

I have no syntax errors in the implementation. 

But when I do the simulation I get the following errors: 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 26: Cannot find <spi_pkg> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:854 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 35: Unit <toplevel> ignored due to previous errors. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:374 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 52: Entity <toplevel> is not yet compiled. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 53: <std_logic> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 54: <std_logic> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 55: <std_logic_vector> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 56: <std_logic_vector> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 57: <std_logic> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 58: <std_logic> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 60: Cannot find <baudrategen_uart> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 63: Cannot find <rxd1> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 68: Cannot find <flag_bw> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 73: Cannot find <txdinterface> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:104 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 78: Cannot find <txd> in library <work>. Please ensure that the library was compiled, and that a library and a use clause are present in the VHDL file. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 84: <tx_fifo_not_empty> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:854 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 93: Unit <baudrategen_uart> ignored due to previous errors. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:374 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 104: Entity <baudrategen_uart> is not yet compiled. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 105: <unsigned> is not declared. 

ERROR:HDLCompiler:69 - "E:/Project ISE files/UARTfullsample29Jan/UARTfull.vhd" Line 106: <unsigned> is not declared. 

Can someone help me with this? 

Thank you. 

Regards, 

Lydia
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think, you need another forum for ISE.

0 Kudos