Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12596 Discussions

Adding runtime parameter in eclipse

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am trying to debug by code in eclipse of Quartus 13.1. Usually to generate the elf, I set the run time parameter in the makefile using CFLAG in nios2command shell as below: 

--set CPPFLAGS -dparameter name 

where parameter name is the name of the macro parameter.  

However, in eclipse I am not able to set the same parameter. I tried to set the parameter from the symbols tab in project properties-> c/c++ general->path and symbols (screenshot attached with the thread).  

But this parameter is not set during the eclipse build and I get an error about the same. Did anyone encounter the same problem or is there any way-around. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Paul
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

The macro name you define must appear in the command line arguments passed to the compiler. As I recall, CPPFLAGS isn't there. Try putting your -dparameter=value in CFLAGS instead of CPPFLAGS. You could also modify the command line arguments to include $(cppflags)

0 Kudos