Nios® V/II Embedded Design Suite (EDS)
Support for Embedded Development Tools, Processors (SoCs and Nios® V/II processor), Embedded Development Suites (EDSs), Boot and Configuration, Operating Systems, C and C++
12603 Discussions

How to vectorise many parallel input output ports into a single bus in Qsys or SOPC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Instead of creating twelve Parallel input output ports (PIO) in Qsys/SOPC, is there any way I could vectorise many parallel input output ports (12 PIOs for example) into a single component in Qsys or SOPC? 

Each PIO consists of 12 bits. 

After creating the Nios system, I am going to include the Nios system block in the schematic in Quartus.  

I need to feed the twelve PIOs into one single bus line in the schematic block in Quartus II. So I thought I want to combine the twelves PIOs so that in the NIos system block, it will only show one PIO instead of twelve. 

I attached the image: 

adc[1..12][11..0] is the 12 signals, each with 12 bits 

in Nios system block, adc_v1_export is single signal, with 12 bits 

I want to connect 

What I have tried : I followed the advice in this link (http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20876) but i got the following error (Error (275024): Width mismatch in port "adc_v1_export[11..0]" of instance "inst14" and type nios_system -- source is ""adc[0]"" 

). 

Thank you
0 Kudos
0 Replies