Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Altera_ModelSim Installation with Quartus II version 12.0 SP1 web edition

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, I am using Quartus II version 12.0 SP1 web edition. It doesn't have an inbuilt simulation tool, and hence I need to use either ModelSim or Altera-Modelsim to simulate and see my results. 

I tried linking my Quartus II to Modelsim, but couldn't do it successfully, as I couldn't find my modelsim executable path. 

Currently, I am working on linking Quartus II with Altera_Modelsim. I downloaded Altera Model Sim starter edition, and tried installing it, but I am not able to go past the third step in my installation, which is to select destination. I am running a windows 7, 64 bit system. 

Please see an attachment which shows the step where I am stuck witht the installation of Altera ModelSim. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Manoj
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

the correct path would be the same directory as the quartus i.e. C:\altera\12.0sp1 

and regarding the path to be given in quartus for modelsim, once the model-sim altera is installed, go to Quartus > Tools > Options > EDA Tool Options > Model-Sim Altera > (give this path) C:\altera\12.0sp1\modelsim_ase\win32aloem 

I would suggest browse to this directory manually, there is no need to point any .exe file, it automatically takes what it needs and should work fine.
0 Kudos