Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16598 Discussions

DDR3 with Uniphy on Cyclone V

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm trying to interface a DDR3 memory with UNIPHY with a custom component in QSYS. After successful generation of the HDL files, Analysis and synthesis was done which was successful.  

The <>_pin_assignments.tcl script was run and errors were seen. I have attached the log file of the errors. 

Due to this, Place and fitter had hundreds of the following error: 

Error (174068): Output buffer atom "system_DDR3_Memory:ddr3_memory|system_DDR3_Memory_p0:p0|system_DDR3_Memory_p0_memphy:umemphy|system_DDR3_Memory_p0_new_io_pads:uio_pads|system_DDR3_Memory_p0_altdqdqs:dq_ddio[0].ubidir_dq_dqs|altdq_dqs2_acv_cyclonev:altdq_dqs2_inst|pad_gen[3].data_out" has port "PARALLELTERMINATIONCONTROL[5]" connected, but does not use calibrated on-chip termination 

I'm using a Cyclone V SX SoC device with Quartus 14.1 version. 

Please let me know if I'm missing something. 

Thanks and Regards, 

Nitin.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

This error was solved. Having a common clock would cause this. Since the same clock was reused, the PLL in the FPGA was not able to provide a stable clock causing this problem. Once the clocks were separated, the issue was resolved.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi nitin003, 

My name is hung. 

I'm now trying to use DDR3 as a buffer and I want use DDR3 controller with UniPHY in Qsys. Cauz I'm a newbie, I don't know how to configure the parameters, where can I get the information to configure them.  

Regards 

Hung
0 Kudos