Intel® Quartus® Prime Software
Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software, Design Entry, Synthesis, Simulation, Verification, Timing Analysis, System Design (Platform Designer, formerly Qsys)
16612 Discussions

Security feature in Quartus

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'd like to use the security feature of my stratix IV. 

But, it seems that a non-volatile key has already been programmed. When I try to program my ekp file, Quartus says : 

"Programming status: Device 1 has already had a non-volatile design security key successfully programmed for optional-secure bitstream configuration. It can accept both secured and unsecured configuration bistreams". 

- If I understand the documentation correctly, It's not possible to program a volatile key when, a non-volatile key has been programmed. Is it right ? 

- I have the ekp file which has been programmed into the device. But Quartus seems to need the plain keys. Is it possible to extract the original keys from the ekp file ? 

Thanks, 

Regards.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Non-volatile key is one time programmable (OTP). So when the OTP key is there you cannot reverse the process,and you cannot overwrite with the volatile key. EKP shud have the information of the key. If u want to further understand the file, you can convert the EKP to SVF format.and u will see it clearly.

0 Kudos